The ninth IO500 list is published at SC'21.
- Congratulations again to Pengcheng Laboratory for their Cloudbrain-II system using MadFS, which maintained the #1 overall spot and also won the "10 Node Challenge", and to Huawei with new systems in second and third place.
- 2021-09-17 The Call for Submissions for the ninth IO500 list at SC 2021 is sent out.
2021-07-01The eighth IO500 list is published at ISC'21.
- Congratulations to Pengcheng Laboratory for their Cloudbrain-II system using MadFS, which maintained the #1 overall spot and also won the "10 Node Challenge".
- 2021-04-14 Press Release for April 14, 2021.
- 2020-11-18The seventh IO500 list is published at SC'20.
- 2020-07-23The sixth IO500 list is published at ISC'20.
- 2019-11-19The fifth IO500 list is published at SC'19.
- 2020-06-23The fourth IO500 list is published at ISC'19.
2018-11-14The third IO500 list is published.
- Congrats to ORNL for their Summit machine which took over the #1 overall spot and also won the "10 Node Challenge".
- A total of 54 new submissions from 19 different institutions!
- 2018-09-27 The schedule for our Supercomputing Birds-of-a-Feather session is now defined
- 2018-06-28 The second IO500 list is published. Congrats again to Oakforest-PACS.
- 2017-11-15 The first IO500 list is published. We congratulate Oakforest-PACS for their winning submission.
- 2021-11-18 Huawei OceanStor Pacific Storage Takes Second Place in the IO500 List
- 2021-08-07 Scaling data access to 10Tbps (yes, terabits) with Lustre
- 2021-07-07 Pengchen Lab's MadFS and Intel's DAOS Shine in Latest IO500
- 2021-07-06 4 RSC Storage Systems Represent Russia in Global IO500 Rating
- 2020-11-19 Three RSC Supercomputers Represent Russia in Global IO500 Rating
- 2020-08-11 Intel's Optane/DAOS Solution Tops Latest IO500
- 2020-07-31 BeeGFS Newsletter announces their position in IO500
- 2020-07-23 SUSE Enterprise Storage delivers best CephFS benchmark on Arm
- 2019-11-29 Storage newsletter: SC19: Virtual Institute for I/O Ranking Combination of System/Institution/File System
- 2019-11-19 SUSE and the IO500 @ SC19
- 2019-06-19 DDN Selected for Top Position and Places Five Systems in Top Ten of the IO500 10-Node Benchmark
- 2019-06-19 SUSE on the IO500 List for HPC Storage
- 2018-11-30 The Register: WekaIO almost, but not quite, summits Summit supercomputer on storage performance
- 2018-11-30 HPCWire: WekaIO Places in Top Five of The Virtual Institute’s IO500 10 Node Challenge
- 2018-11-15 New TOP500 List topped by DOE Supercomputers -- mentions IO500!
- 2018-08-06 Radio Free HPC Discusses the IO500 Benchmark Suite with John Bent
- 2018-07-21 IO500 List Showcases World’s Fastest Storage Systems for HPC
- 2017-12-06 SC2017 - Driving the Future of Supercomputing
- 2017-11-22 Oakforest-PACS ranks #1 in storage performance
- 2017-11-22 Oakforest-PACS system has been registered as the first IO500 winner
- 2017-11-21 JCAHPC in Japan Wins Inaugural IO500 Award with help from DDN
- 2017-11-15 IO500 Goes Where No HPC Storage Metric Has Gone Before
- 2017-05-12 Tracking the World’s Top Storage Systems
Talks and Publications
- 2019-09-23 Matt Rásó-Barnett talk at LAD'19
- 2019-05-17 Andreas Dilger talk at LUG'19
- 2019-03-04 John Bent and Steve Crusan talk at Rice O&G
- 2018-11-14 Talks available from our SC18 BOF
- 2018-07-19 John Bent's keynote at the ORNL Data over Distance Symposium
- 2018-06-26 Talks available from our ISC18 BOF
- 2017-11-15 Talks available from our SC17 BOF
- 2017-11-13 Establishing the IO500 Benchmark: Julian Kunkel's talk at PDSW/DISC Workshop (Extended abstract)
- 2017-06-25 The status of the IO500: Julian Kunkel's talk at LBNL
- 2017-05-19 Discussion of IO500 at Daghstuhl seminar documented in Section 8.2
- 2016-11-17 Talks available from our SC16 BOF
Other Public Discussion
- 2020-04-15 IO500 Influenced Ceph patch for mdtest stat
- 2020-02-29 IO500 Influenced Lustre patch for IOR hard write
- 2019-09-27 IO500 Influenced Lustre patch for mdtest easy delete
- 2019-08-19 IO500 Influenced Lustre patch for IOR hard read
- 2018-04-25 IO500 Influenced Lustre patch for mdtest stat